Mini anemone? ID

cyrus

Ok so I want to appologize in advance my camera is still crapped. But this has been driving me nuts.

This has been in my tank for around 8 months. The largest one is about 1cm in size when expanded and doesn't look like its going to get any bigger. It ressembles an anemone in everyway par one, its nocturnal and grow in the shade. They have cherry red bases and are clear with white tipped tentacles and has a mouth. I have no idea what conditions suit it but it is slowly growing in my tank and I have 2 definates with mouths and some "babies" around them. I have been searching many sights and haven't heard so much as a peep about them. I will get pictures ASAP but can anyone id or post a pict off my discription?

Edited by cyrus

No I don't think it is a orang ball tip anemone. I have one in my tank, and I do like it. If it was an orange ball tip than the tips would be orange and round. They do have a pink to red base, it also has white tenticals, but orange trips. Not white.

I will post picts asap but I'm with Ozark. They look like a prettier variation of the ones he has. In low lighting there is a purple ring right above the cherry red base. They are deffinatly nocturnal and I will be very happy if I can get them to propgate more. I looked at them this morning and I have 3 fully developed laugh.gif If anyone have bright green ones orange or other variations I will be open to trade!

Also pseudocorynactis is the latin name. Do they have a regular name?

Edited by cyrus