New Craigslist pickup :)

Melissa

I found a heck of a deal on Craigslist a few days ago, and snagged a 20 gallon full set up for $50. I can't even tell you how many extras came with it. I am just in love with this tank. We had a 5 gallon, that was temporary until we had the time to convert our 20 long into salt. Well, now I don't have to covert anything, and my new little rescue puffer can stay there in his new home lol. So I moved my little clown and my Cow into the 20 with the Tomato that came with the tank, and everyone is doing wonderful and the clowns are playing together. I want to make changes to this tank, as far as scaping it nicely. We just lost all the anemones, and polyps and mushrooms we had in the 5 gallon, due to an emergency trip out of town, so both tanks need some help.

In the 20 we have a Cowfish, a clown, and a tomato clown. (and a ton of baby snails with a weird shell.)

In the 5 we have a peppermint shrimp, a mini conch snail, and one little purple thing (looks like a purple kenya tree) that survived.

My question, what anemone would make the clowns happy? I had a really nice one going before the crash, and I want to make sure everyone gets a good spot to call home.

post-1346-12678167702887_thumb.jpg

post-1346-1267821670474_thumb.jpg

It's a Zoo Med RL-18 Reef Sun 50/50 15 watt. I have pretty much everything the owner ever bought for this, and the equipment is all fairly new. It's been set up for 4 years, and I have every test reading she did in a notebook. :D The smaller tank also has a 50/50 bulb, though I don't know the brand, but its also a 15 watt.

I didn't think you could keep nems long term under anything less than halides. I have a bit over 3 wpg with PCs on my tank and had totally ruled nems out.

Ditto on the fish load, pushing it with those 3!

Craigslist is great. I bought my set up for less than the cost of the rock.

I didn't think you could keep nems long term under anything less than halides. I have a bit over 3 wpg with PCs on my tank and had totally ruled nems out.

It depends on what type of nems, what tank size, and where in the tank the nem lives. I've had a green bubble tips in my old 29g with 96w T5s, an two GBT's in my biocube 29 using stock lighting on it. They usually move to the top where they can get light, but with supplemental feeding it can definitely be done with T5s and PCs.

I had a green bubble tip in a 55 with 50/50 power compacts for 4 years. It split three times in that time. Unfortunately one disappeared one day. I assume it went into my filter or something. I never saw any trace of it, kind of a mystery.

i would not try to keep any anemone under PC's, possibly you should get at least t5's. Seems these days you cant beat t5's, as you can easily keep anything under them and you don't have to worry about the excessive heat issue that halides have