Forum Problem w/ Attachments

Howdy. I was composing a post and had an attachment. I previewed the post and then clicked on the image. Not paying attention, I closed the picture... unfortunately, it didn't launch it in a new tab and instead clicked through like a normal URL link. This means that I lost my post that was in progress. However, the image still exists on the server and can be referenced:

http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5745

I thought I would recover by re-composing my post from scratch and inserting an image URL with the above link. The forum rejected it because "that extension is not allowed". Ultimately, I simply linked to photo using an link URL instead of having the picture viewable in the thread.

I went under my profile and could not find the picture attachment anywhere. I went to the gallery (both the global and under my profile) and could not find the picture, either[1]. It still says I'm using 3.25MB of Unlimited... so it has associated that attachment with my account. By all accounts, it is lost, but is on the server.

Am I missing something (other than the attachment)? :)

[1] None of my pictures show up under gallery though, so I've got that going for me.

The attachment is orphaned and will be cleaned out by the system by a bulk process at a later time. Gallery and attachments are independent of each other.

After you clicked on the attachment, you could have hit the back button and retained your post data.

Ok. I'll have to re-upload the attachment then since it will get culled.

After you clicked on the attachment, you could have hit the back button and retained your post data.

I recognize that. I closed the tab and couldn't do that.

Edited by doktorstick