Auto top off system

cardsfan12

do you have a bucket and an extra pump? I got a small float from a member on here for $5.00 and spliced it into a extension cord. I then made a clip to hold the float in the refugium. all you do then is plug up the pump to one end of the cord then plug the other end into the wall. i use a bucket for the RO water but you could always dress it up a little. here is a link to where i got the idea from. it works great. the video is not all that great but it works. i can send you some pics later if you want. you can find the floats for cheap

AutoTopOff is a good choice. BRS has an inexpensive 1 also. Another option would be going to a A/C supply house and buying 1 or 2 floats for about $9 each. You can easily wire them in to an extension cord or the cord for the pump. You can also use a bucket an some soft airline with a knot in it to control the flow rate (only let it drip slowly) and work off of a syphon. This could be done for a couple bucks.

AutoTopOff is a good choice. BRS has an inexpensive 1 also. Another option would be going to a A/C supply house and buying 1 or 2 floats for about $9 each. You can easily wire them in to an extension cord or the cord for the pump. You can also use a bucket an some soft airline with a knot in it to control the flow rate (only let it drip slowly) and work off of a syphon. This could be done for a couple bucks.

i may have to try this because i dont have a sump. are using you using this method or did you buy a setup.

I'm using the JBJ ATO and an Aqua Lifter pump for my auto top off. Not as cheap as some options, but if you find a decent deal it's well under $100 and looks pretty clean while giving some extra features like a time based shutoff for the pump in case the float switch gets stuck in the on position. Also lets you configure the float switches to serve as their own failsafe, or lets you keep one to monitor the RO water level in the bucket as well.

Also, if you've got an RO system permanently set up, there's the all mechanical option for a float switch which just hooks up to the RO unit.