Newbie Round Table Topic of the week: Nuisance Algae!

Well phosphates are high. I haven't tested them in over a year bacause I was running rowaphos. Stopped running rowaphos now I have high phosphates. Go figure. . . I have 2 jars of rowaphos running in a reactor and will be running GFO in the other once the BRS order comes in. I also think the new lighting has created a problem. Didn't notice the tips of my birdnest turning white until a month after I replaced them. Also corals browned out. Could have been from the red bug treatment too. Too many factors at this point. I can deal with the phosphates. The light will have to wait a week.

Well phosphates are high. I haven't tested them in over a year because I was running rowaphos. Stopped running rowaphos now I have high phosphates. Go figure. . . I have 2 jars of rowaphos running in a reactor and will be running GFO in the other once the BRS order comes in. I also think the new lighting has created a problem. Didn't notice the tips of my birds nest turning white until a month after I replaced them. Also corals browned out. Could have been from the red bug treatment too. Too many factors at this point. I can deal with the phosphates. The lighting will have to wait a week.

Aaahhh....are you feeling left out because you're not in the circle of trust (or phosphates :hmm:). Dave's issues and ours are a little different---lighting issue is one thing we have in common besides the phosphates. We just haven't been diligent with the water changes and changing our media in our phosphates chambers, for about a moth or so....and that's all it takes to get those phosphates to rise.

We just haven't been diligent with the water changes and changing our media in our phosphates chambers, for about a moth or so....and that's all it takes to get those phosphates to rise.

That's b/c you guys have been too busy partying! yahoo.gif