Setting up a calcium reactor

rollrok18

So let me ask this. In theory, I have not tried and I have zero experience to speak up on this, do you need to worry about the bubble count in the calcium reactor if you are running a pH controller? It seems that if the pH goes out of acceptable range the controller will flip the CO2 off thus cutting off calcium affecting the pH. Can anyone explain why or why not this may be true? Thanks for all advice

The skinny is:

The bubble counter on the CO2 regulates the amount of CO2 sent to the calcium reactor when the controller opens the solenoid. The bubble counter on the reactor is the amount of water going into the reactor and the amount of effluent (calcium) into your tank.

Here is a good link:

A Guide to Using a Calcium Reactor

its all realative as to how often the controller comes on and how fast you want the CO2 to drop the PH in the chamber. All the while depleting the PH in the tank and raising the KH.....alot to grasp for one sentence!!!!! So YES it does matter, good rule of thumb-- bubble rate should be the same or close to the drip rate...thats a good rule of thumb from my experiance with my reactor.