Help with finding a lens

Built in motor, newer, more ISO would be the main reasons. But, I haven't pushed the limits on the 40 yet so....

I love the 40. Don't think I will ever get rid of it. It's a great little camera.

720p video as well (which I rarely touch)

I went from the D40 to the D90...but it was really only because I accidentally ended up with two 18-200 VR lenses...so I sold one and my D40 kit and upgraded to a D90. ;)

Loved the D40 otherwise.

Well, I can offer one instance where I would like for my D2x to have video capability-Underwater photography. I do macro and wide angle when we have a dive vacation. Once in a while something comes along that a kinetic media like video would be really fun...swimming with a turtle. Color change of squid or octopus. Various cnidaria floating in the current. No way to do that with a D2X, but a housed D300 or other camera with this capability would let me have my cake and eat it too. So its funny how these features appeal to different users.

I have 2 lenses I use most often. The 18-135mm VR and the 50mm 1.8f. I use the 18-135mm for all around stuff. But I switch to the 50mm for portraits and tank shots. I also have some extension tubes I will use sometimes when trying to get macros. The best thing about the 50mm is it is only about $100.

I have 2 lenses I use most often. The 18-135mm VR and the 50mm 1.8f. I use the 18-135mm for all around stuff. But I switch to the 50mm for portraits and tank shots. I also have some extension tubes I will use sometimes when trying to get macros. The best thing about the 50mm is it is only about $100.

Thanks. I don't have any extension tubes. I am going to look into getting a set.smile.gif