Two small frags

Derry

I've got a couple of small frags that might help someone who's still getting started or who's willing to be patient and grow a colony out. The first is a frag plug with one medium and two baby green palys (mother colony pictured). The other is a frag of brown acro that's about the size of the top of the frag plug (actual frag pictured, but the color balance is off - it's not that green). Both are free, first come first served, but quid pro quo trades are always welcome.

post-827-12663375204836_thumb.jpg

post-827-12663378415138_thumb.jpg

only my pistol shrimp. he loves to eat them when they get close. but other then that i havent had any problems. they multiply like crazy. i have them all over the place in the rock work. you can see their little arms sticking out all the time. What do the all white microstars look like? picture?

only my pistol shrimp. he loves to eat them when they get close. but other then that i havent had any problems. they multiply like crazy. i have them all over the place in the rock work. you can see their little arms sticking out all the time. What do the all white microstars look like? picture?

I could take a picture, or you could look at your picture and imagine a milky white color instead. :D I'm having a hard time taking pictures (junky camera) of them for some reason. I'll keep trying though....

Help! My thread's been hopelessly hijacked! :D

The little white stars are asterinas. Most asterina species are reef-safe, but a few have been reported to eat zoas. The zoa-eaters seem to be fairly rare, though. Asterinas have also been known to reach plague proportions, but they can be controlled by a harlequin shrimp if their numbers start getting out of hand.