Cleaning glass and acrylic

tomanero

Nothing better than a razor blade to get coraline or other hard deposits off of glass. If your tank is especially deep I would recommend a Kent Marine Pro Scaper Metal. It has made cleaning my tank much better. For some of the softer cleaning I just use a MagFloat and an AP Cleaning Pad.

Don't have any acrylic tanks yet so I can't comment on that.

ive never owned a tank that wasnt acryllic! Magic eraser works like a miracle!! use under water or out. some reason or another people dont want to believe me?? use the thick eraser though. the thin ones tend to break up in water after little use. let others know it this works for u as well as it did 4 me glasses1.gif

• 4 weeks later...
ive never owned a tank that wasnt acryllic! Magic eraser works like a miracle!! use under water or out. some reason or another people dont want to believe me?? use the thick eraser though. the thin ones tend to break up in water after little use. let others know it this works for u as well as it did 4 me glasses1.gif

I have always owned acrylic tanks as well, can't beat the clarity!! I have always used the white pads

designed for acrylic you can get at your LFS. Or you can use the white filter pad material that you

buy in bulk. Just be sure never ever use a MAG FLOAT on an Acrylic tank EVER even if it says so

(the Green plastic ones). I scratched the crap out of a brand new tank and MAG FLOAT wouldn't

even listen to me when I called with the problem, case closed. You will need to clean acrylic tanks

more often and be sure to keep sand out of your cleaning pad. :)

Uh oh. I bought a giant acrylic tank and was planning on getting a professional series (the really really big one) magfloat with acrylic pads for the 1" thick acrylic. The tank is 36" deep and 7 feet long, that's a lot of acrylic to clean with a sponge on a stick. Any other ideas?

Any links to this "magic eraser"? Is this one of those Ronco 2:00am kind of products sold right after the "magic bullet" mixer that guarantees I will be able to fit into size 28 pants again? Sounds like an annoying ad for Oxyclean.

Mike,

If you add the acrylic pad between the inside magnet and the tank and make the sure the outside magnet's felt is intact you should be fine. Mag Float incorrectly tells you that their magnet can be used on an acrylic tank without any kind of pad.

John