question about invert in container for few days?

aeroaustin

I supposed to tearing it down and transfer to bigger tank last weekend but my wife just hit with flu and I am her "male nurse" with thermostat and serving her soup and powerade. I do all myself work and I had sore my shoulder to bring pail of water to filling the tank in 15 times. The tank is held very well and pressure is good. I am doing drain the water tomorrow afternoon and get RO/DI filling 32 gallon of trashcan to get ready for big tank.

I need your input about inverts, I had 15 inverts, 5 legs hermits and 10 snails (cerith, Astra). Can I put the inverts in 5 gallon container or pail and put air pump for two or three days? or not need to have air pump? or either way to put 50 + lbs live rock with invert in the container?

give me a better idea. I believe that big tank will not ready in two days. take the time for water and salt to be stability and live rock then re-intro invert to tank.

Your inverts should be fine in a 5 gallon bucket with an air pump and a heater set correctly. You will need to acclimate them to the new water if it is not from the tank they are currently in. And yes you could put some rock in there too. I'm sure they would prefer it to the plastic bottom!

Watch out though - this flu bug going around has been pretty nasty and you might be on your back for a couple of days yourself. I'd hate to be in the middle of moving a tank when it hit me. Hermits and snails will be OK with live rock, an air pump, and a heater for a couple of days or maybe even more though in my experience. Absolutely put some live rock in the bucket with them though. The rock will still be assisting in biological filtration.