TOTQ Vote

TOTQ?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I agree the LFS get keep the awesome stuff for themselves in their super secret stash. I know a bunch of those corals are Randy's personal corals. The clams get me every time. Can't believe how well the pink birdsnest has done.

Gabe I'm gonna update my picture (although its no contest to RCA's) unless you wanna come take a pro shot for me.

To add my bit about Randall's tank. When a person is friendly and helpful he is rewarded in life. Many of those corals are not from the store at all and are in fact gifts made from generous reefers tanks. I know that at least 2 of the pieces are frags from my tanks inhabitants.

Fair is fair. I count Randy's tank as an equal. From what i've seen, I haven't noticed any super exotica in there, just a really well maintained tank. The results show nicely.

The only thing that sucks is that you super nano guys get to take awesome full tank shots. I keep looking at them and wonder how anyone with a full tank shot could ever compare to the intensity of a nano in a full frame shot. There should be a rule that says that nano pics can only be submitted in thumb, avatar, size to make it fair. /JK.

I was tlaking to carlos at rca today and he was saying that nano is mostly stuff from the store that didn't sell. stuff that was in tank for (some of it) up to months before they finally decided to put it into the display. the runt of the litter wins again so to speak

Thanks for the kind words, guys. To be honest, nothing in our display tank is cherry picked. The Crocea clam was just a random grab out of one of our very first marine orders around 2 years ago, and has been living in our nano displays since day 1. My Silver/Pink Maxima was just a random clam I happened to win at a raffle at MACNA last year. The Pom-Pom Xenia, Pink+Blue Birdsnest, (x-tra long) Green Star Polyp, 2 types Mushroom, and 2 Zoo varieties were all donated from customers, many of which were originally purchased here anyway. As an employee, I'm not allowed to cherry pick things for my own tank that enter the store as retail pieces either, and I have to give things a 3 day chance to sell to the customers before I can snatch it up, so I wouldn't call the 4 Zoo varieties I threw in top picks (not in their original form, at least, they've just colored up really nicely). And the rest of the corals in there? Sometimes I find a piece here and there that has 3-5 polyps on it, drifting around a coral tank, so I drop it in to see if it'll cling anywhere and take off, or if a coral's been here for way too long for as much of a looker as it is, then I take mercy on it and give it a new home in the tank up front. Just thought I'd shed some light about how we stock our tank ^_^