Introduction

chiu

Hi Austin Reef Club,

I've been trolling here for about a month now, and I finally decided to register and introduce myself.

I have been keeping a reef tank for about 2-3 years now. My first reef tank was a 12 gallon nano. It is/was a jbj nanocube with a tricked out lighting system from nanotuners. After a couple of years, the corals I had started out growing the cube and the wife and I were getting really sick of the fan noise. So, I recently turned a freshwater 45 gallon I had into my new saltwater. It is a 45 breeder with a fuge/skimmer from Sapphire Aquatics and a T5 lighting system from Aquatinics. I am also running a eheim canister full of live rock for added flow. It's been up for about a week now, so I thought I would get more active into the saltwater community.

When I first started my 12 gallon, I was part of Maast, but lost interest there since it tends to be more San Antonio centric, so I am really glad to see that we have one here in Austin.

As for my other tanks, I have a 180 African Cichlid tank, and a 12 gallon shelly tank.

I look forward to meeting and becoming more active in the club.

chiu

• 3 weeks later...