Diamond Sleeper Goby

PeeperKeeper

I just got him today, so I know I should just be patient, but does anyone have one that "nests" back behind all the rocks or do they almost always find a spot out front to tend? When I let him loose, he sat on a rock for a few minutes, then hid behind the rocks. I know he's doing something back there because the sand is all stirred up so the water looks cloudy, but I haven't seen him since he ducked behind the rocks. There is the slight possibility that the sand is stirred up because he and my new Flame Hawk are fighting back there, but I doubt it because I have been seeing the hawk off and on.

I've been wanting a sand sifting goby for a while to keep the detritus and cyano from accumulating on the sand in front. I'm just hoping he's not going to decide to just tend the sand behind the rocks so I won't ever see him.

i've had my diamond for about a month now... when i first dropped him in, he promptly made himself a cave under a rock near the back, but over the next couple of days, he made several more caves and just happened to settle into the one front and center... one of the caves is now occupied by 2 firefish... i have removed the rock his cave is under on several occasions and he's promptly redug the cave... when lights are on, he's always busily shifting thru the sand... always a hard worker, and does the task i wanted him for smile.gif

I still haven't seen him since I let him loose Wednesday. I hope he's still okay. :D

If he's a goner, I'm gonna have to blame the Flame Hawk and his lease may be up soon. First thing the hawk did when I got him a week ago was to kill my firefish who had been there for 5 years! :angry:

I believe most hawkfish are somewhat aggressive. At least I know they are not the best to mix with inverts as they hunt them.

As far as location, burrowing fish/inverts will make their burrows where they think the food/flow/etc is best. I think a lot of time they build up front as they learn this is where most of the food come from.