BRS Fluid Reactor

2 drew dosing pumps

15 gallon DIY sump

10 gallon ATO setup, pump, heater

10 gallon QT tank, filter, heater, canopy, light

400w Metal Halide lamp with new 14k phoenix bulb

book shelf type canopy for light fixture

clip on fan for water evaporation

several other pumps and things fish related. Great tank, just don't have enough time for it for awhile. Will help tear down the system and load it but can not deliver. Located in Temple Texas, about an hour north of Austin. Asking 1200$. Feel free to post any questions and I will gladly answer as quickly as possible. Thanks!

post-1317-12652365875465_thumb.jpg

post-1317-12652366361212_thumb.jpg

post-1317-12652368001621_thumb.jpg

post-1317-12652369356153_thumb.jpg

post-1317-12652376684395_thumb.jpg

very interested,,,,but just a couple of questions,,,,is the stand the same color as your canopy,,, how do you have in plumbed? And could you be more specific on your livestock, fish, and corals. Have you had any nitrate problems with just a 10 gal sump? Would there be plenty of room under the tank to upgrade to a larger sump? or does the shape of the tank really prohibit you from going much larger with a sump under the tank. If you would rather answer to my email, [email protected]

Hey there Doug,

All great questions. I'll take more pics and post them, I didn't think about it. But I will take pics of the sump for you to see. But to answer your questions. Stand isn't the exact same color as the canopy, it's a little deeper of a stain on the stand. A deeper cherry, I'll post pics. It's not hard plumbed, but I'll take pictures and you can see for yourself, the drain goes into the sump and I have a carbon reactor plumbed in and then the return pump. Strong believer in keeping things simple. Fish, few blue green chromis, damsel, and a percula clownfish. Corals, I'm not sure of names exactly. I admit, I see a coral that catches my eye and I'd buy it, was never concerned with names. But I'll post pics of them each so you can see well enough, mostly soft corals though. I don't have nitrate issues either, usually measuring less than 5. The sump is actually about 15 gallons, the ATO is 10 gallons. I've seen some people use slightly larger sumps, but have had somewhat smaller ATO's, like 5-7g containers and even their ATO's in a totally separate container outside the stand to accommodate a larger sump. I will get more pics posted up tonight and you can take a look.

Edited by lotusstar

The pics of the skimmer cup are after about 3 or 4 days of skim, I clean it out twice a week. Skimmer works great, pulls out a lot. The sump is the main container you see, and the ATO is the 10g aquarium next to it. I'm not sure what all the corals are, I originally posted a pic of a large leather coral, a couple of mushrooms, I have a patch of green star polyps also. The GSP is about the only thing I can't seem to get a pic of worth anything at all, so didn't post that, but posted pics of the other corals but not sure of the names as I said. Any other questions just feel free to ask. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know I am still very interested.....My one holdback right now, is that my preference would be to find the perfect 180 to 300 gal so I could cut back on my number of tanks to take care of....but...........the color of your stand and canopy go so well with my living area where I want to put it....I am close to just dealing with having to deal with 5 tanks instead of reducing down to 2 tanks like I would like to.... But combined with the greater ease of the move of your tank vs the larger, does weigh into the decision. And I do really love the coloration of your live rock, so my commitment is coming very close; so I thought I would give you an update to where my thoughts are, and why I have not commited yet. Hopefully I do not wait to long, and then not have a choice anymore. Wish you were in Austin instead of Temple so it would be easier to make the drive to just come and look at your setup instead of pics....one question, that I did still have is your lighting setup. Does it constist of just the one 400 watt MH or is there more lighting of some kind. In the pics, it just appears that there is more than one light source...and if it is just the one MH, have you had any problems with it not being enough for any of your corals. I just run more wattage per gallon on all my tanks, so was just curious about this.........Thanks again and hopefully see you soon.

Doug

Hey Doug,

I totally understand your position and thinking. And glad to answer any other questions you come up with. It is just the one 400w light. It's centered very well over the tank so the light spreads very well. I've seen more wattage per gallons but honestly this light has worked great. I don't have a par meter or anything but the corals have taken very well to it. Now I don't keep corals in the far front corners but with the live rock well centered in the tank and corals on the rock the corals are in the direct path of light very well. Anyway, if there are other questions just let me know.

Thanks,

jason

I dont want to hijack this thread,but. . . . . i have the exact same tank.my lighting consists of 1 250 double ended metal halide and 2-2 bulb 24 inch t5's for actinic only.it is very sps dominated and they grow great with only the 250 watt light.i have some lps and softies on the sandbed and they thrive.

probably making a trip to Austin to look at a 175 bowfront this weekend,,,,,I would like to see both setups before deciding which direction to go....Are you free both days, are is one day better for you than another. Let me know so I can try to see both tanks in one trip....either 830-203-1656 or [email protected] of coarse here.

Many thanks, Doug