It’s finally that time! It’s not a build, it’s an upgrade.

Christyef

Sorry, I can't totally tell what I am looking at here?

Sorry, I panicked. My 90’s were too big to have turned down like the bean animal diagram I’m trying to follow because my over flow box is too shallow. Having them turned down made them too high to come out center of my bulkhead. So, if I turn them up they will fit and still do what they’re supposed to do. I’ll shave a little off 2 of them to keep them lower than the emergency drain. And maybe put a tiny pup piece in the emergency to make sure it’s higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5bb6489984b7e3e264480ad58bd8068.jpg85d00353e6081c47f271ea487d3cdcc8.jpgFINALLY GOT SOME PLUMBING!!! I ordered some suction cups that are supposed to be here today. I’m going to move the tank back to the stand to plumb the rest of it. I got unions so I can take it apart to move it inside.
Once completed, I’m actually gonna fill it and let it run out side to make sure it all works before I put it on carpet. Better safe than sorry. I’m not worried about pvc leaks, per se, just wanna be sure everything works right

• Like 1

Great progress today!! 9d8a1528ce60a06a8e69b8402284cdb7.jpg5b1f3bcd31239aa922365ba853696c04.jpg5071adcc623f04aba5259b062bef1e43.jpg9d49f3036109a64c0168c657676f36f6.jpg. I got all of my drains plumbed!! Minus the gate valve which I can easy cut in once I get it. I’m also going to pick up some stand off clamps to secure the pipe to the stand. These will make the pipe more secure as well as level it better. Right now thery’re not exactly plumb. All I lack now is the return side, manifold, skimmer, and leak test. WOOHOO!!!

• Like 3

Ordered my gate valves today from Grainger. I checked there, marine depot, and BRS. Grainger was cheaper and had them. Marine depot didn’t have the 1-1/4”. I’ll pick them up on Wednesday when I get off work

• 2 weeks later...

4792a37fb39189091eec6bd184528bf8.jpg4cd5ca3c908b9969e9cd1e2971f951e7.jpg8ffa448f9e0bea42b6210e8a6c65b006.jpg I got the split rings installed to help support the drains. I put in my 1-1/4 gate valve. I put it facing that way bc the drains are already sticking off the tank so far, I feel like it will be sitting 1/2 way in the middle of the living room. Lol. I was careful to take a pic at the correct angle because one of the split ring all thread isn’t really level. Didn’t want Isaac to bust my lady huevos [emoji23]

• Like 4

9134fce784bc27c82e766bf3b1961aa5.jpg597c21ff1bb8bec8e24a9f8d0d57a1c4.jpge3a406f7c22fd60fb5ef918ebbe05960.jpg. I hung my ATS today. Dogfish suggested the chains instead of the unistrut bracket I was going to make. Brilliant!! I still have to paint all the hardware so it doesn’t rust and pipe it in, but I really like it.

• Like 3

b1b1aa85083fbd6d4225e8d5d23568ee.jpgFINALLY decided on a manifold plan. I kept changing my mind. Lol. The first tee will go up and also have a GV and tie into the return into the back. It will act as a bypass. So when I need to maintenance the equipment, I can open the top valve, and close the one showing in the picture. The 90 on the right will also tie into the return in the back creating the loop. If I didn’t explain that right, I’ll have more pictures tomorrow! [emoji23]

The tees with the 45’s will go to my UV. I had to do them that way bc I only had 2-5”. Cramped space. Thought about doing the UV vertical, but didn’t like that bc of where my skimmer will be .

Also found out by taking my skimmer to Home Depot that the fitting aren’t out standard fittings. [emoji19]. I’ll have to contact deltec and get a union and a transition fitting to fit my skimmer 🤦‍♀️

The skimmer might have metric pvc fittings.  Coralvue sells a few on their website. I think flexpvc also sells metric pvc. 

Most likely it is. All the measurements on their website are. It’s bigger than 1/2”, but smaller than 1”. 3/4” didn’t fit. I’ll convert that to metric and see if I can find a match

Thanks! The fitting I need to tie to the skimmer is a union. All the pipe that came with the tank was so nasty, I just threw it all away. [emoji51][emoji51]. Jumped the gun on that one. I’m going to call BRS and marine depot tomorrow and see what they suggest

I was also able to order my metric union for my skimmer and metric to standard adapter from coralvue. Standard shipping was nuts! Hope they throw a frag in there! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]. I built a bypass for water changes and to be able to do equipment maintenance, so I’ll be able to put Water on it in a day or two in the garage and leak test some of it [emoji122][emoji122]

• Like 1

What's the bottle on the left under the ATS?????

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. It belongs on the media reactor to the right in front of the pump. It was just in my way so I set it there. I didn’t want to set it in the floor for fear my female dog would mistake it for a water bottle and chew it up. She likes to chew on bottles

• Haha 1

Got my metric unions from coralvue yesterday. One fits and one doesn’t. The 50 mm I only needed the O-ring, so I’ll try a 2-1/4” one from HD.

And..... I also flooded my garage last night. [emoji23][emoji23]. I was filling the tank and couldn’t figure out the pump speeds fast enough to compensate for the speed the water was going in, so my sump over flowed. 🤦‍♀️[emoji23]. Oh well, it dried up pretty quick with a big fan and the heat. I’ll try again tonight. But on a positive note, it’s all full! Lol

• Like 2

ac1cc9cb0987a214f3c4b665afb4983f.png4b39c6269251a13226ce15a66e3d98f9.jpgI’m not sure how to post a video, but there is actually water running through those pipes! Lol. Im going to bush down the skimmer outlet and have it dump into the middle chamber. Let it all run for a few day, then I’ll feel confident to move it inside! Woohoo! Finally about to happen

• Like 2

Well, I’ve got a tiny leak somewhere. There’s water in the bottom of the stand. None of the piling is wet so I’m guessing it was to be the sump somewhere. [emoji31]. I leak tested it before I put it in. Ugh!!