EB8 Failed, but ARC came through!

Dan H

So last Saturday morning, my Apex EB8 decided it no longer wanted to live at about 7:30AM.  It completely stopped functioning and shut down all of the sockets turning off half my tank's systems (main pump, secondary pumps, calcium reactor, lights).  Luckily, my skimmer was still running and it overflowed spilling some water which triggered the leak detector waking me up.  I checked on the tank and quickly determined what was going on after some troubleshooting.  I was able to run some auxiliary power cords to keep the tank limping along, and then reached out to the local reefkeeping community.  Within 15 minutes, we had located a spare EB8 thanks to Brian!  

It goes to show that it's really important to be involved in the community and support ARC.  Without the local community, we may have had a hard time locating an EB8 on such short notice and would have had a hard time keeping the tank in good shape for very long.  The calcium reactor would have been the tricky part.

Well, here's a video of the story as it happened...

That's really good to know Mike!  Had we not been able to buy one from Brian, we would probably have needed to borrow it until we could get one shipped to us.

Archived