Starting to have some sponges ...

Paula

.... cropping up in more cryptic parts of the tank. I apologise for poor quality of the pictures. May have to bring a better camera to work than my Android.

The first one I'm thinking is a Synod sp. Of some sort.

eefc23704458eeb92629d7f3c404d771.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Second one is more colorful but is deeper in the shadow. The red color doesn't really come out in the picture.2c55d478022950268537695efce56105.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That second one looks like a frag of the meteor shower cyphastrea I gave you at the last meeting. [emoji1]

3 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

That second one looks like a frag of the meteor shower cyphastrea I gave you at the last meeting. emoji1.png

Do you suppose it would be growing in such deep shadow? It's doing better than the actual frag you gave me.

Do you suppose it would be growing in such deep shadow? It's doing better than the actual frag you gave me.
Meteor shower actually prefers lower light. I used to get the best coloration in a slightly shady area of the tank.

There are some photosynthetic sponges, but most live in dark areas where they can filter without growing algae on themselves. The photosynthetic sponges that I've had in my aquarium (shown below) have been opaque and have some pigment. The non-photosynthetic sponges that I've had are white, transparent or black. 

DSC01707.JPG

Archived