Thinning the herd. RBTA $40

Todd Council

My RBTA Island is covered with 7 anemones that have all split from the matriarch. I am hoping to get rid of some of them and add some different color morphs to the Island. Unfortunately they are attached very well to holes deep in the rocks and I don't want to hurt them. Last week I added a new brown BTA with nice white stripes at the end of the tentacles and that started some movement as they jockeyed for position. When one of mine moved a little, I took advantage of it letting go of its rock and grabbed it while it was on the move. It is now in the sump waiting for a new home. When extended it is about 6 inches across. The pictures show the RBTA Island with the big lady at the top and several of her clones. The individual shot is one of the clones so you can see the color and shape.
I'm located in near 2222 and 360. PM me if interested and I can take PayPal.

RBTA Island.jpgRBTA.jpg

• 1 month later...

One more for sale! The RBTA that was at the bottom left of the rock and is pictured singularly above started to move this week. I was able to get it off the rock and into the refugium. Great deal at $40. Pm me if interested. SOLD!

None that have released from their rock. There are still 5 RBTAs on there. I'm not actively trying to remove them, but when one moves a little I try to coax it off the rock and toss it in the refugium. I'll post if another one becomes available.

I'd be interested in one if another happens to come loose....text me so I'll see the message LOL. 512 six nine eight 7192

• Todd Council changed the title to Thinning the herd. RBTA $40 New one NOW only $30!

The big RBTA seen at the top of the first picture in this thread split again. I was able to grab the bottom piece seen at the bottom of the photo below while it was on the move and put it in the refugium. Since it has some of the funky tentacles, I'll let this one go for $30. Great color and a lot of personality.

20170523_185231.jpg

• 3 months later...
None that have released from their rock. There are still 5 RBTAs on there. I'm not actively trying to remove them, but when one moves a little I try to coax it off the rock and toss it in the refugium. I'll post if another one becomes available.

Any of them move yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

SOLD!!

Happy New Year.

I have cleaned up the tank a bit over break and have a new RBTA that has released and is in the refugium waiting for a new home. $40 will bring it home. Here is a picture of it under 5000K Floodlight LED that I use for growing Chaeto so it doesn't show the nice colors of its clone parents. (See above). I'm also going to clean out a few monti frags and other small things in a seperate post. PM if interested in the RBTA.

20180104_144348 (640x480).jpg

• 2 months later...

*** Both have been sold. Thanks for the inquiries. ***

It is hard to believe that this post started one year ago. I have had another split and now have two RBTAs in the refugium waiting for a new home. I don't have any new pictures, but they look very similar to the one pictured above. $40 each. Pictures when I get home late tonight. Please PM me if interested.

Archived