ARC Sea Hare Loaner program

takoattack

Willy, my beloved workhorse, has destroyed all of my GHA, and is not eating much of the nori, seaweed, or red ogo that I have offered him. 

Does anyone have a GHA problem? Are you looking for a happy and productive Sea Hare rental?  Come on by the east side and pick him up. If my algae problems come back, I might need his services again, but for now my system is looking good. 

If I don't get any takers before the weekend, he is going back to Aquatek.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the algae he's next to in the first picture and does he not eat that?  Maybe it was the "before" he ate it picture, not sure just trying to figure it out.

I'm interested and in hosting him at my venue in South Austin whenever the time is right for him to move on from his current spot.

It was a new tank bloom of what looked like multiple varieties of algae that I have not 100% validated.  

It's mostly Green Hair Algae, he ate almost all of it, with some manual removal. I also had a longer feathery/fern like green algae that rooted to the rocks firmly.  He ate that as well.

I had a fuzzy redish growth that may have been cyano, or lobophora, which he ate. He also munched on some macro red gracilaria.

The only thing he would not eat was prepared foods: store bought dried seaweed (two varieties,) purple nori sheets, Julian Sprung's SeaVeggies purple flake.

Archived