Muffin fans

KimP

I need to replace some muffin fans in my sump area and also get one for my light fixture. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy them? The price varies so widely!

I just replaced the two in my biocube with these Noctua brand fans that I purchased from Amazon. I tried looking everywhere locally, your best bet is going to be Fry's Electronics.

61x7yI713LL._SL1190_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NQMESS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I absolutely LOVE these fans. They run totally silent, a definite upgrade. I had to snip the connector to splice on the old one (new one has 3 pins, old had 2), but that was easy to do. The yellow wire is the speed adjustment, normally not used in aquarium equipment.

^+1. I use noctua's in any computer or server build that needs to be really quiet, have seen them in servers inside recording studio's a number of times as well. Hands down the best and quietest fans available IMO.

I typically get mine on ebay or newegg. They offer a ton of sizes and PN's so just make sure the size, voltage, and number of leads on the connectors is correct for what you need.

Archived