Introduction to me

aggieMEDIC

OK im here (have been for three months) and my tank will be tomorrow in a place in buda across from cabela's so here are my few questions

1-LFS around here

been to horizon aquatics nice store

found a few others in the phone book and online but im looking for the hidden jems any ideas

2-anyone wanna help me setup the tank tomorrow when i get it in town not looking forward to it.

3-what is y'alls opinion? ditch the substrate and start over i have some but it needs a REALLY good washing and i dont think i have enough water to do that. I can vacuum the substrate but im worried about the toxin release, should i just buy new substrate? and clean the other later? i dont know. I know i am going to have to take it all out of the tank anyway.

4- anyone seen that pavestone Pulverised Limestone at HD around here? good substrate

I would ditch the sand and get some new stuff. Keep a couple cup fulls from the top of the old sand to seed the new.

As for LF stores I would start with our sponsors. Not just because they support our club but in my opinion they are the only ones in town I trust.