How to Remove Anthelia from Live Rock

mFrame

I thought best part was when he got tired of the scraping and just tried shaking it off.

Once they're pried loose they tend to still stick to the others. Shaking allows you to shake off the ones you already loosened and see the base of the others.

BTW, Anthelia decays rapidly in air so make sure you remove it and put it far away from anywhere you can smell it. It's like a rotten fish market in your trash bin the day after.

I thought best part was when he got tired of the scraping and just tried shaking it off.

Once they're pried loose they tend to still stick to the others. Shaking allows you to shake off the ones you already loosened and see the base of the others.

BTW, Anthelia decays rapidly in air so make sure you remove it and put it far away from anywhere you can smell it. It's like a rotten fish market in your trash bin the day after.

I figured it was something like that. But I thought my reason was more fun.

Nice to know about the violating outdoor, though.

• 1 month later...

If you have lots of softies and you want to kill them off you can dip the rocks in a flukes tab solution. That will kill off 90% of all softies. The active ingredient in flukes tabs is Mebendazole. If you have any old flukes tabs laying arround.

Other option is Panacur and Safe-Guard. they are pet wormers.

This will kill leathers, anthelia, sympodium, kenya tree, cloves, the nasty gold polys, and more.

Its zoa and sps safe. Not sure about LPS. I have never dipped a rock with lps on it. Other people have claimed its fine for LPS I just have never tried.

Here is an article on it: http://maxdraco.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/fenbendazole-eliminate-invasive-soft-corals-blue-cloves-polyps-xenia-aiptasia-hydriods-etc/

Archived