For True Emergencies

JamesL

If you are having a true emergency (tank leaking, major equipment malfunction, major loss of livestock, etc), please call one of our local sponsoring fish stores and seek help (if it is during normal business hours). Their phone numbers are listed below their names.

While this board does provide excellent help from all of our members, your questions/concerns are not guaranteed to be answered in a timely manner. A live person can better help get things under control quicker.

Please take this as just a friendly reminder to help you take care our your investment in this hobby. This section is still meant for need-to-be answered quickly topics that generally do not generate a lot of discussion.

-James

• 7 years later...

When posting to this section, please make sure to include the basic information with your post... how long the system has been setup, any recent "events" which may be causing issues, and at a bare minimum, your water quality readings.  Salinity, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate, Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium get you a better understanding of many underlying problems.

For example:

Help, my corals are bleaching!  I've had my tank up for 6 months, no pumps failed or anything like that.

Salinity: 34.8

NH3/NH4: 0

NO3/NO2: 0

NO4: 10

PO4: 0.01

Ca: 420

Mg: 1200

KH: 13 

From this, we can see your Alk is high, and Mg is low, and calcium is on the low end.