Can someone verify the ID on these zoas?

cmanning

Thanks everyone for the input.....LA Lakers it is.

Would be interested in buying a frag if you ever decide to divide it. I like the coloration.

wayneb

Wayneb,

So far I have 2 frags....one sure smaller than the other and they're slower growers...but once the get a certain size, they just keep going. I'll be posting them for sale and you'll be the first to get notified. Zoas are opened and they seem happy...so a few more days and they'll be up for grabs.

-Cindy-

Thanks everyone for the input.....LA Lakers it is.

Wayneb,

So far I have 2 frags....one sure smaller than the other and they're slower growers...but once the get a certain size, they just keep going. I'll be posting them for sale and you'll be the first to get notified. Zoas are opened and they seem happy...so a few more days and they'll be up for grabs.

-Cindy-

Sounds good, shoot me a PM when you (and they) are ready.

thanks, wayneb

Did you order them from Zoanthids.com? I think I saw them there too and they have them label as Purple Hornet Zoas Next Generation...LOL whatever that means. I've been researching about this guys....and they seem to be deepwater zoanthids. Our tank is about 28"-30" deep and maybe that's why they're thriving.

-Cindy-

I bought them off of ebay actually, can't remember what the sellers name was. You are right, they were purple hornets...makes sense, they are purple. I agree that they are deepwater and must be put at the bottom of the tank, I originally had them higher and nearly melted them away, very sensitive to light.