Euro Reef nano skimmer Update

medi

Well I took the plunge and ordered a new ER nano skimmer to replace the stock skimmer on my Solana. They are definitely proud of these things too, $190 shipped which is quite a bit higher than I wanted to spend. I initially wanted to purchase the sapphire aquatics, but after reading recent reviews on nano reef it sounds like SA might be having some troubles. So I decided to go with the well established company. I will definite update this as soon as it comes in.

my parents have one on their solana i set up for them.they have had a hard time keeping it dialed in,but you being used to skimmers and reef equipment should be able to get it right.when it is right it does a great job of pulling out junk

hmm....I hadn't ever heard of people having a hard time keeping it tuned. Does the water level stay constant in the back of their solana? I know the divider keeps it at a minimum level, but do they ever run the level higher than the divider?

it stays level.they have a tunze osmolator and have it in the same chamber as the sensor.it is not the skimmer,they just arent good at getting it adjusted right.there is a plate on the bottom with holes in it.you use that to adjust the amount of water intake.then you raise the whole skimmer up and down to ajust the level.it is fairly simple for those of us who have the patience and general knowledge of this kind of equipment.

The mesh wheel was my only concern, but they have replaced it with a diamond mesh that supposedly will last much longer. As far as the noise goes every review I have read says they are near silent. :) I am looking forward to this. It is slated to arrive on 2/2 so I should have it running that night.

The new skimmer arrived today, and I must say it feels like it is very well built. It has been installed for about an hour and has already started producing a very light green skimmate. The only complaint I have so far is that it sticks up about 6" inches above the top of the tank. I will keep updating this as the skimmer breaks in.

post-698-12651519262526_thumb.jpg

post-698-12651519896412_thumb.jpg

post-698-1265152092485_thumb.jpg

post-698-12651522425557_thumb.jpg