new tank set up

catlover

I currently have 2 salt tanks going, one is FO and the other is for corals; I bought a 36 gal, have the live rock and the water filtering and would like to add the sand - rethinking my process, but would appreciate any ideas on the best method for adding sand and whether or not I need to keep the light on during this cycling process. I feel as though I didnt do enough research the first 2 times and want to do the best Ican and take the process as slowly as possible, etc. Also in researching sand options wanted some experienced views on that as well. Thanks everyone in advance!

I guess the first thing would be to ask what you want to do with this tank?

Fish / Corals

What kind of corals (SPS, LPS, mixed)

Any other particulars, anemone, non-photo, ect?

Were you planning on a sump?

I would nlike to do fish and mixed corals, would love to have an anomone if it becomes an option and I do not think I have the room for a sump currently which is why the size tank until I go larger later.

go big 1st its alot easier, JMO. Start a BIG new tank get it cycled and add all the stuff from the 2 tanks into it.

I wanted 130g minimum, but do not have the room for it right now and will be moving into a new house within the next 6mo to a year, so being patiently impatient STS...:D