Feeding fish/corals?

apmark

So far, I've found that one of the most difficult things for me in reef keeping is knowing how much/how often to feed the fish and corals(unless we get into calcium supplimentations). I read about how over feeding is a bad thing, then I read about each individual coral(meat eaters) and fish need PLENTY of food. Also, i've read recommendations about feeding fish 2 times daily. Is this necessary? How many of y'all feed twice daily? Any good rules of thumb for how much food per day? So far I have 1 yellow Tang, 2 Ocelaris Clowns, one Midas Blenny, an Elephant Ear mushroom with one baby, a Sun Coral (which, btw is doing great with feeding under a dome) a bubbletip anemonie (which looks better, and better the more I ignore her. When I feed her, she stayed closed up most of the time) and a few photosynthetic only corals.

I have frozen Mysis, formula 2, spiralina/brine combo which I rotate each day, the tang gets algae in a clamp every other day-ish (the mysis only days) and I do DT and cyclopeeze (a cap and a squirt) maybe 4 times a week. I've been only feeding in the evenings. Between the fish and sun coral, I probably give out 2 cubes of mysis or other frozen cubes daily. Maybe everything is fine as is but i keep questioning it, i guess because it seems like such guess work. I'm all ears for recommendations. Dogs are easy, and they don't try to die on you if you are not right on the money.

Thanks!

That actually sounds like a good feeding schedule to me. I feed twice daily plus nori every other day. I feed formula 1 flake early and my home mix of fresh seafood and mysis, and all kinds of other stuff later. I believe in a lot of feeding and more water changes.

Thanks for the replys! So I see there is a lot of wiggle room, huh? Phosphates shouldn't be a problem since I run a phos reactor.

Gabriel, you feed formula 2 flakes in the am? That would be easy to do. But how much? Just a dab to settle their tummy's before the real meal at night?