monti cap

polarbear

Everyone else is probably scratching their head like me. What color was it before this? If I had to guess from the pictures, I would guess either brown slime disease, or the "speckels" are cyno or algae forming over parts that have died. Did you dip it before you put it in your tank? A little more information would be helpful too, like how long have you had it, what kind of lights you have it under, what your alk and other parameters are? It really hard to tell just from the picture.

Stephen

well i have had it in there for about 5 months and it has grown a lot since i first put it in there. the picture below is what it looked like when i first got it. the water parameters are all good except for the nitrates which are just below 20. it started to turn a lighter color then the brown stuff started to grow on it. i run a 150W 14K MH. Back on 12/23/09 i had left out of town and the light got left on for like 4 or 5 days stright. everything else was good besides a little diatom here and there. this was the only this that got like this. it was the closest thing to the top of the tank. i think it got cooked.

post-792-1262820001496_thumb.jpg