Bubble King Deluxe 300 Ext

Goofball310

Like the title says I have a Bubble King Deluxe 300 external for sale. It's brand new in the box and has only been opened to inspect the skimmer. I bought the skimmer new from Salty Supply for $2300 and plans on building my dream tank have been put on hold. I'll let it go for $2000obo. I'm located in Stone Oaks (N. San Antonio)

DSC00003.jpg

Edited by Goofball310

When you do a search on RC for the best skimmer on the market you'll hear only one name. "Bubble King" You can also look in their sponser section to see more info and pics of the skimmer.

They have exceptional craftsmanship and are highly efficient skimmers. Their pumps have little to no heat transfer and consume very little energy (45w~55w). Replacement of a Red Dragon pump runs $400-$600 dollars.

When you do a search on RC for the best skimmer on the market you'll hear only one name. "Bubble King" You can also look in their sponser section to see more info and pics of the skimmer.

They have exceptional craftsmanship and are highly efficient skimmers. Their pumps have little to no heat transfer and consume very little energy (45w~55w). Replacement of a Red Dragon pump runs $400-$600 dollars.

I'll take your word for it that the skimmer is better than every other skimmer.

However, the energy issue is really silly at this level. Let's say my "inefficient" skimmer pump takes a ridiculously high 200 watts. An extra 150 watts cost about $6 per month. That makes the ROI on this efficient pump very long.

I'll take your word for it that the skimmer is better than every other skimmer.

However, the energy issue is really silly at this level. Let's say my "inefficient" skimmer pump takes a ridiculously high 200 watts. An extra 150 watts cost about $6 per month. That makes the ROI on this efficient pump very long.

true and its a lot like road cycling. Riders will spend hundreds of dollars to save 5 grams which means...really nothing, but hey, they saved 5 grams and they can brag about it!

You should go for the skimmer Alex so that when you show up to ARC meetings, people throw frags at your greatness..! hyper.gif

Think about it. A $2300 skimmer is about 10X a pedestrian $230 skimmer. That's a factor of 10X.

My car is about $30K. Having the bubble king skimmer is like having a $300K car.

I could have the Ferrari of skimmers!

Of course, at that price I better not have any hair algae. mad.gif

I guess you guys feel the same way about ACampbell spending $1300 on a Deltec AP701 skimmer for a 125 gallon tank?

I purchased this skimmer with the intention of building a 575 gallon inwall system (275 cube display, 100 frag, & 200 sump/fuge). Things have come up and I'd rather have the cash than let this skimmer sit in the closet for a year when I'm ready to build the tank again.

I am not meaning to tease you. I have certainly been guilty of spending money on things that many would consider less than prudent. For Christmas I got a big green egg (grill) that was $1400. That's crazy.

It is just interesting how much variability there is in prices for everything, really. It is a free market, which is great. The bubble king skimmer is absolutely worth $2300 because people are willing to pay that much for it. That's the only real way to know how much something is worth.

And, if I had to pick the one component in my tank that was the most critical, and theoretically deserving of a lot of money, it would be the skimmer.

I have heard of people paying $600+ for a coral. Now THAT's crazy. At least a bubble king skimmer won't melt in your tank for some mysterious reason.

I am not meaning to tease you. I have certainly been guilty of spending money on things that many would consider less than prudent. For Christmas I got a big green egg (grill) that was $1400. That's crazy.

Which one did you buy? I paid $600 for mine!

If people will pay $2k for a skimmer then the company making the $2k skimmer should absolutely get that price - just not from me. Its all marketing, which is great b/c obviously their marketing is working!