Blue tuxedo urchin

mcallahan

Did you ever have issues with it knocking stuff over in your tank?

I really like the Blue Tuxedo, and currently do not have any urchins in the tank. However, it is a new set up and I would hate to introduce something that would go and mess up the place real bad.

Edited by TheKipf

how big a tank do they need? i have a pencil urchin in my 55 right now. is a new one too much?

I'd say it depends on how much algae you have for them to eat. My tank has 0 algae other than coraline, hence my concern. Tuxedos will eat coraline, but I've never noticed him eating any which adds to my worries.

If you have a GHA or other algae around your tank, he should do fine.

Did you ever have issues with it knocking stuff over in your tank?

I really like the Blue Tuxedo, and currently do not have any urchins in the tank. However, it is a new set up and I would hate to introduce something that would go and mess up the place real bad.

He's never knocked over anything, but he picks up stray objects like cerith shells and puts them on his back to hide himself. He did pickup a very small (1/8") piece of SPS once and other members said their tuxedo puts zoas on their backs and carries them around. Come to think of it, mine came covered in GSP.