need your feedback about powerhead set up

aeroaustin

I decided to order two maxijet powerhead for the tank, I planned to added some SPS, LPS and coral for the tank.

One is 1200 and one is 900.

I need your feedback, I am not sure which to direction and point the powerhead to to keep water movement. I did put two head upward to surface,

Here the Images of tank.

[/img]

Most corals dont' like direct, laminar flow which is what many powerheads produce so you want clashing flows, bouncing flows, etc.  Try to angle so you get a variety of movements.

Lee

You mean I need to put the flow angle down to 25 degree? instead of 45 degree? and also try to flow toward to front of tank and other powerhead direct to center or go to rear of tank?

Why not put Hydor FLO's on the output of the maxijets and really make some random current. http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...product=HD01401

I checked the website about Hydor FLO's Look impress, sound good deal, I will order two of those for maxijets.

No, not necessarily, what you don't want are two powerheads at different levels just shooting straight across the tank. If you have two, put one at top on one side and angle 45 degrees down, put other at bottom of side and angle 45 degree upward to collide and produce some turbulence.

Having said that, Andrew's suggestion is the best.

Lee