Mangrove Pruning

doktorstick

Howdy.

I was thinking about adding some mangroves to my DT. I know they grow pretty tall, so I would have to prune them to keep them well below the water level. Do they prune well? Or will it end up looking like I have sticks sticking out of my sand bed?

The method that most people use is to put them on stick. As the roots grow out you can lower the mangrove on the stick to get the right size of plant/light on the plant.

I have mine planted in some sponge filter. I can just lower that in thw water as my mangroves grow. Its pretty neat as I can see the roots growing under the sponge filter too.

Howdy.

I was thinking about adding some mangroves to my DT. I know they grow pretty tall, so I would have to prune them to keep them well below the water level. Do they prune well? Or will it end up looking like I have sticks sticking out of my sand bed?

mangroves grow above and below i thought - i don't think you can keep them below water level.