Canopy for 46 gallon bowfront

jpreefer

I did a google search for plans to build a 46 gallon bowfront canopy and I have no luck. I'm not yet sure if this is what I want to do but my water evaporates SO fast and salt is evvverrrywhere and I have a couple carpet surfers sad.gif So if anybody has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks!

Keep in mind that your evaporation rate is directly related to the heat in the tank and the surrounding area. Thus if you enclose the tank entirely with a canopy your evap rate will lessen or cease. But with that in mind, your water temp will climb. It's a balancing act. If you can suspend your lighting I would consider making a false canopy, one with no lid. You will help prevent jumpers and still allow the water to evaporate.

If you don't have any chiller or keep your room warmer, then you don't want to slow your evap rate or it will lead to other headaches. Fix why it is evaporating so quickly before enclosing the tank.

It might be time for an ATO to help with the evaporation so that you don't have to worry about it everyday.