Crushed Coral

KeeperOfTheZoo

Hi Y'all,

I am reducing my ridiculously deep bed of crushed coral and hate to see it go to waste. It is very much 'alive' right now. I just bought the tank, but it was up and running with the previous owner for 2+ years. I've seen very small bristle worms in it. The tank is healthy, all fish are healthy, no bad hitchhikers and I have a lot of live rock as well to help add to the biodiversity.

I have 17lbs <damp weight> being kept damp in a water change bucket right now, will be adding more in the morning. It'll be right about 1/2 a 5 gal bucket full of CC and I will have more in the future as I do more water changes and get more of this stuff out and to the depth I want it in my tank (I have a 125g tank and a 4-5 inch bed of CC if that tells you how much I have and need to get rid of). If you want all of it and have something you would like to trade now with dibs on all the CC I pull out that would be fine.

It is Caribsea aragonite crushed coral. It is quite mixed consistancy ranging from very small sand like particles up to whole small shells. I do not see a grade on the bag, if I'm remembering correctly it just said something to the effect of mixed sized particles. I mixed in a brand new 40# bag before I researched and realized I would be better off keeping the CC to a SSB. Oops!

I'm not looking for anything real fancy in return. I'm just getting used to saltwater and maintaining my tank. A mushroom would be neat, snails, reef safe crabs. Can't do shrimp as I have an eel that would make a snack of them! Little frags of 'softies' that can handle low to medium light would be neat too.

The catch is, I live quite far N. of Austin (about an hour, just outside of Lampasas). I'd be happy to meet halfway (Georgetown, Leander?) for a trade. If you want it for free ya need to drive out and get it!

Hope someone can use this CC, otherwise it's getting dumped out back into the kids sand/gravel pit. I attached a pic of Mr. Crab demonstrating the usability of CC as a substrate. :)

Liz

post-1140-12551389463021_thumb.jpg