1/10 HP Current USA Chiller

Daniel

Bought this about 8 months ago from eBay. It saw little use from me since I primarily used evaporative cooling when I had metal halides. I had it serviced when I first bought it to ensure there were adequate levels of coolant-- everything was fine and it still runs great now.

I'm looking for $180.

Here are the specs:

• Titanium Heat Exchanger - Corrosion resistant titanium backed by a lifetime warranty offers the peace of mind
  • High BTU Compressor - Energy efficient 1485 BTU compressor delivers more BTUs than any similar size chiller on the market - providing more coolling power while requiring less electricity
  • Fits Anywhere - the small size (10" L x 11" W x 14" H) make it easy to fit under almost any size aquarium
  • Ultra Quiet - compressor runs virtually silent; rubber feet eliminate vibration noise
  • Integrated Dual Stage Thermostat - controls both the chiller and an external heater up to 300 Watts (heater not included)
  • Stylish Design - molded cover looks sleek will not rust

What`s included:

Each Prime 1/10th HP Chiller includes an integrated dual-stage digital temperature controller, 1/2" & 5/8" inlet/outlet barb fittings, 6 ft. power cable and complete instructions.

Chiller Sizing Guide

Temperature Difference from Ambient Degree Pull-Down 10°F 20°F 30°F 40°F Aquarium Size 80gal 60gal 30gal 15gal

Note: Accessories such as metal halide lighting, submersible pumps, etc… can add a great deal of heat not considered in the above chart. Decrease volume by 25% to determine the horsepower needed to chill that amount of water.

• Horsepower: 1/10hp
  • BTU: 1485
  • Volts/Amps: 115V/2.15A
  • Inlet/Outlet: 1/2in & 5/8in
  • Temp. Range: 60-80°F
  • Thermostat Type: Dual
  • w/ Thermal Expansion Valve: No
  • Dimensions: 10in x 11in x 14in

To answer some of the questions...

This chiller helped me keep my 90G aquarium between 79.5 - 80.5. I was running 2x250w MH and 4x110w VHOs in a poorly ventilated canopy, and a 150w Mag 18 return pump. Most people probably don't have that much heat being dumped into their tank. I also used a clip-on fan as a my primary cooling. The chiller only went to work if the temperature rose above 80.3.

As I mentioned above, I had it looked at by a technician a few months ago and everything looked good.