Ugh...Vortech MP40W busted...

chrisfowler99

I was the first one in Austin to own a Vortech when they first came out years back. After two months of vibrations, propeller issues, heat, noise, etc,etc I got a full refund and bought another Tunze. Never had one problem with Tunze except when I spilled water on one of the controllers.

Ive had my MP40W running for going on four months now with zereo problems. I spoke with Steve at Eco tech support about the issues that some seem to be having, his response was that there was a batch of bearings that made it into some pumps that were inferior cusing the units to fail. I suggest that if you feel youre having problems, call him and supply the units serial number so he can help resolve any issues. I woulnt trade my MP40 for all the Tunzes in the world!

Edited by JimD

• 2 weeks later...

Those picture are neat, since we're all little nerds, but a little misleading since the thermal camera cannot read through the glass or the water. The temperature at the side of the glass (at the location of the crosshairs) is ~87 degress, you can be sure that at least some of that is getting through. EDIT: Just read the caption, looks like they're well aware of that. :)

Chris, did you get a replacement?

One of my wetsides recently locked up.I have had a power supply failure and I have had a wireless controller just croak. I have used tunze streams in the past and I will say that they were absolutely more reliable and seem to be more powerfull.But all and all I just like the vortecs better. If thier customer service wasnt so good I would definately go back with the tunzes