WTB Booster Pump

Daniel

a booster pump for rodi? just curious what your psi is?

i called city of austin and was told my water pressure should be 96psi (min 75, high 105) for my area. i have not connected my rodi unit w/ pressure gauge to see what it reads yet.

Wow, I wish mine were a little higher. My pressure gauge shows 50psi on all the various spots I've tested in my home. I always thought above 65psi was bad for your pipes?

50psi isn't bad considering it's what Filmtec recommends, but if I do the second RO membrane add-on, I'll need higher pressure. I guess it probably doesn't help that I live on a hill?

Also, found this website:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/prvfaq.htm

was at the same website... that's why/how i figured out what my supposed water pressure is...

How do I find out my home's water pressure?

Calling 974-2199 can provide you with the estimated (minimum, maximum and typical) pressure for residential properties in your area.

i haven't yet. it will be outside for sure, and i have 3 spickets... 2 are @ "street" level, and the 3rd is about 1 story lower... my immediate thoughts are to run it from the spicket by my back door (street level), and have respective collection barrels below the deck (1 story)... i was gonna pick up a couple of 50g barrels from AustinBrew (only $10 if w/o removable lid)... my only dilemma will be when i need to run the rodi when it's colder outside recognizing that the efficiency goes down...

the storage barrels will be outside permanently for sure. when i'm producing, i'll probably have the rodi unit outside, and bring it in otherwise. if it's cold outside, i'm sure i won't be motivate to be out there either =)

thanks for the heads up!

I have been considering a Booster pump as well.

FWIW my pressure is only 40 in Round Rock huh.gif

I do not generate a lot of water so I will probably just spend the extra money on DI refills instead of getting a booster unless someone has a better option....

i bought a booster pump......my pressure coming into my RODI is 65-70lbs. I thought that i needed more pressure thaN THt so i bought one. Works well....makes water faster at 75-80lbs but i just dont know yet if i needed it. The house pressure is like i said 65-70lbs. This booster pump i bought will go WAY over 100lbs. If i decide to sell ill post it. I think 65-70lbs or head is plenty.

You guys should check your pressure regulators at the street. Standard regulators go from 25-75psi. They are typically just past the meter on the house side of the water line in a separate box. There is a screw on the top (with a lock nut) that when screwed all the way down will allow the most pressure to flow to your house. They will not allow more than 75psi so you can screw it all the way down with out fear of messing anything up in your house. There is also a plate on the regulator that states the presure range if you want to check. If that does not work Bulk Reef Supply sells kits.