Bored afternoon

Gonzobob

Ok so stuck inside this afternoon and I took the day off from helping LSK with her tank stand. Have a look, suggestions and comments welcome especially about the unknown titled items.

Unknown Coral 1

gallery_811_145_21558.jpg

Unknown coral 2

gallery_811_145_44370.jpg

Unknown macro

gallery_811_145_7782.jpg

Unknown spongioform ?

gallery_811_145_9607.jpg

Striped mushroom

gallery_811_145_55961.jpg

Hey Russell,

I believe the 4th photo is cespitularia, as I have some of this also. I paid a pretty penny for it...I was told that a couple of years ago, this was the "in" coral. I just like the colorbiggrin.gif

The dendros are awesome...

See you sooon,

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question but is your camera inside the tank? These pictures are crystal clear and they look very good. I have a water proof case for my sony camera so I can take it diving with me. I may try putting in the tank and checking the picture quality and getting use to the adjustments.

Thanks everyone. Caulerpa seems likely given the risks once it grows out I'll keep it pretty well trimmed.

Hamp, I think you're right, I had tentatively identified it last week as Hydnophora after seeing a posting on the DFW board.

Shawn, not a dumb question at all. I'm using a Sea & Sea point and shoot which I've had a lot more luck with than my land camera. At some point I'll get around to posting some pictures taken this summer in Bonaire.

This:

gallery_811_145_9607.jpg

looks like colt coral. I had gotten some RCA, and it grow pretty fast. It also self-propogates, and I have about 5 little pieces attaching themselves around my tank.

capnella imbricata - (kap-NEL-luh) (kenya tree coral) very similar to nephthea (capnella) has a rough texture like sand paper nephthea is slippery . pg 173(corals a quick referenceguide by julian sprung (east africa to the western pacific) wait a month and you will have more then you want very hardy coral ships poorly though maybe a supplier issue because i cant seem to stop mine from spreading