Emergency tank sale. Not mine.....

caferacermike

I hope I do not break any rules here at ARC by copying and pasting this post from MAAST. I felt it would should be read here as well in case anyone in ATX can help.

Family Emergency - 210 RR Complete Reef - Amazing Deal

www.MAAST.org Forum Index » For Sale / Trade Reply to topic

Watch this topic for replies

RNallOffline

6 PostPosted: Dec 14, 2006 - 04:04 AM

Reply with quote Back to top

Charter Member

Well, as some of you have noticed, I have dropped off the radar. My family has been rocked with surgeries and and drama the last few months and now I am probably going to sell our reef tank that everyone loves. Yep, just in time for Christmas.... We have an entire room focused on this system - taking up one wall. My family actually does not want me to do this but I know that we probably do not have a choice. Half the fun is setting it all up anyway...I've had to drop out of the hobby in the past...I will be back for sure. On to the details:

I will not part out at this time. If no one is interested in the complete system I will probably start parting out after the new year. I want to give it a chance to sell. I will probably post on MARSH as well.

This system is very healthy. I am only selling for financial reasons. Lots of Doctor and Lawyer bills = broke really fast! My misfortune...your gain.

here is a listing of whats included:

210 gallon oceanic glass dual RR 84"X24"X25"-$800

mohaganny stand-$400

mahogany canopy-$300

75/90? gallon acrylic sump/fuge-$150

PM skimmer-$150

Dolphin pump-$250

5 maxijets & 1 mod-$125

2 250 watt's MH's w/new 20k bulbs-$400

4 110 W VHO's with 1 year old actinics-$300

Aqualogic 1/3 hp Chiller-$850

Top off float/switch and pump-$50

Test kits, food, chemicals (2-part), salt, et cetera-$200

Power strips, timers, fuge light-$100

hundreds of pounds of tonga and fiji cured rock-$1000

hundreds of pounds of live sand-$300

torch coral-$30

frogspawn (mult)-$45

100's of zoo's-$250

Paly's (mult)-$65

anemone-$20

assort polyps-$65

bubble-$25

leathers-$55

galaxea-$35

assort shrooms-$130

trumpet-$15

xenia-$40

gsp-$30

sohal tang-$80

yellow tang-$20

sailfin tang-$20

hippo tang-$20

firefish-$15

Foxface-$30

green chromis (5)-$20

black blenny-$20

diamond goby-$20

oc clown-$20

eyelash blenny-$20

cleaner shrimp-$10

sand sifting star-$10

brittle star-$10

serpent stars-$30

peppermint shrimp-$10

chaeto-$20

mangroves-$20

100's snails-$200

100's hermits-$200

pincushion urchin-$15

Total-$6985

Now this would be a good price if purchased retail. Of course, this is not what I'm asking. Please note that all the sand, rock and fuge are just full of pods, worms, stars, et cetera.

I am asking $2650 for everything. That's an entire healthy reef system for more than 62% off! The corals, fish, rock and sand are all 'used' so they are full of life, growing, hardy and healthy...that's better than retail. The pump and MH's are in great shape. The Chiller works perfectly but it's a few years old. The 4 VHO tubes should be replaced soon. The tank, stand and canopy have a few scratches but nothing major. The glass has a superficial chip over a seam (perfect because you can't see it)

I apologize for my pictures. I have never taken any of my reef tanks. The lighting is not that blue of course but you can get an idea of how it looks. I have more to follow....

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ron

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit. " - Maugham

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pics are up at above website. I've chatted with Ron a few times over forum threads. A really nice guy that seems to be in a horrible bind right now. I'll do what I can by offering to help with the move if anyone from ARC buys the tank. Have truck will travel. I can get everything needed.