Lower PH and ALK

Bmwaaron

Hey guys, I have a 150 gallon reef with a Calcium reactor, My PH is at 8.4 pretty constantly. Tonight I had to bring my Magnesium from 1100 to 1200 and am going to bring it up to 1350 eventually. My ALK is at 9.8 right now and I want to bring it down a little, My Calcium is at 440.

Question 1 How do I bring My ALK down to around 8.2-8.5 and maybe my PH to 8.2-8.4 with a Calcium reactor running?

Question 2 I have heard of some kind of pellet you can put into your Calcium reactor to keep your Magnesium up without having to add supplements anyone have any info on this?

Regarding Magnesium:

The best calcium reactor magnesium supplement I've heard of is by zeovit. You can buy it at either www.captivereef.com or www.finsreef.com I think. Fauna Marin also released something along the same lines being distributed by www.aquariumobsessed.com

On the calcium reactor and alkalinity, simply decrease how hard the reactor works. Lower the PH if using a controller or slow the bubble rate otherwise.

John