i think i might have ick

bstock

i bought a naso tang two weeks ago when i got him he had no signs of spots also have 2 clown fish and a chromis fish and

all of my levels are good

110 gallon tank

ammonia 0

nitrates o

nitrites o

ph 8.2

and salinity 1.024

i have in the past 3 day found white spots on my naso tang and no other fish he has been eating good swimming good and when i got home from work today the was tucked off in a corner but some spots when away and some have shown up today they keep moving around

i gave him about 30 min to see if he would swim around and he has be

pH the spots on him look kinda flaky not like sores

any one have any idea what this

the tank has been set up for about 4 months have had no sign of anything going wrong before i got this fish

The greatest ich cure in the world is the fish's natural immune system. Try enriching the food in a vitamin and alternating fat soak and make sure the water levels don't swing.

One thing that many people overlook is that it's getting colder and so are our tanks. Another problem that occurs during winter is a low PH due to the high amount of C02 in the home so watch PH closely as well.

Have you been feeding the tang nori or other macro algae? These fish are the literal cows of the sea and eat all day long.

i have micro alge in the tank and also some see weed i dont know what type it is but looks like big blades of grass my wife likes it in there so i have left it in there

thanks for the advice every one

i just checked the ph again and it was 8.2 still