Designing a new aquarium

migs

I have been working on my 29g Biocube for almost two years and am looking to upgrade. I was looking at the Red Sea Max 250 but for the cost, I feel I can get a better aquarium if I build or put together one on my own.

However, the problem is, I am not sure where to start. I am looking for 55g to 65g Reef aquarium with fuge, sump, the works... does anyone have or know of any online blueprints or specs? Thank you.

I started modeling with Google Sketch Up - the tool is easy to use and powerful... I just viewed a couple of You Tube videos and I was off... I model the room it was going in and now working on aquarium...

I used Google sketch up for my tank in my new house. Of course that was for a 400g tank that would take up an entire wall and I had to tear up my roof to add skylights. I then brought my 14' ceiling down to the tank level and wanted an idea of what it was all going to look like before I did any of it.

Not sure if I'd even mess with it for a 55g.

55g tank, 30g sump, Euro-Reef RS80 skimmer, Eheim 1260 return pump. Chamber the sump so that about 5g of water are held in a refugium and voila' fish tank.

Talk to Prof, Dave as he can have a 55g tank up and running that quick.

I remodled my office for my 40 gal and it turned out great. Like mike said though I wouldnt tear the roof off just for a 55 or 65 gal. I am more partial to the 65 gal because its SO much better for your aquascaping. If you want the 4 ft tank I would go with the 75 gal you have like 18 in from front to back, and that would be plenty of room for rockwork. Good luck.