90g upgrade starts now..

mhart032

Well i got my 90g tonight. been working on my sand bed and thinking about my lights. i wanted to get some opions on what you guys think.. i have 6t5s and a 250watt DE MH im not sure that to go with.. was thinking 4t5s and the MH..i only have room for eaither the 6 or the 4 with the MH i was thinking about also adding 2 12" PC lights on the sides on the MH so 4 t5 actinics, 2 10,000 daylight PCs and the 250watt MH with the phoniex 14k.. what are your thoughts?

No pics yet, i got my sand bed in and now im working on plumbing right now theirs not much involved in this one, should be done in a few mins, i was going to use sch80 PVC wow thats expencive 4.85 for a 45 degree.. went with white lol.. ill take some pics wile it drys..

There is absolutely no benefit from using sch 80 or even 40. The color means nothing. We do not use pressurized systems so I cannot fathom why anybody would spend the extra coin and install very restrictive pipe. Sch10 will flow almost twice as much water at the same pressure as sch80.

I'm not a pipefitter or anything like that.

You did good by saving money that you can use elsewhere.

I liked the gray color, it was different that was it. i have seen some systems with the gray and i liked it. i didnt like it that much.. haha no pics yet. to dark for the iphone to take photos ugh i really miss my camera. always forget during the day to call about it.. anyway i got the tank 1/2 filled just waitting on 45 more gallons to mix.. to will be full tomorrow. been wondering if i should use the old water from my 42g i have 50g their. it will probably almost fill the rest of the tank maybe need 20 or more gallon to fill sump and fuge. that brings me to a questiuon about the fuge. i have some fuge mud still in the container. should i add this before the fuge is full of water? any recos on setting up my fuge?

Well tank is plumbed and filled, leaks a small amount from the bulkheads ill tighten them tomorrow the sump/fuge is right under it so no worries. need a new skimmer this super skimmer cant keep up i have the waterlines good but the Mag 7 pumps to faster then the skimmer skims and if i turn it down low enough to keep in sync i have very little return flow will have to address this tomorrow aswell. its super clowdy from the sand and the new 70g of salt.. no aquascaping yet just set the rock in for now.. lights look super good as much as i can see for now. mite be a touch to much blue we will see when it clears. hoping it will be ready to scape tomorrow morning, ill snap photos then sry for none yet i know how we all like pics..