Butchered Fragging Attempt

I got this rock with a HUGE green frilly mushroom. I initially got the rock for the shroom and the yumas on it but after it's been in my tank for a while I noticed a nice set of metallic green paly's that were starving for light under the rock. So i decide to frag the mushroom cap off.

Well, I made a mess of it. The mushroom foot was attached in a lot more places than I thought and I ended up cutting into it pretty messily. It got a anti-biotic/iodine dip and fresh SW rinse. The frag pieces i got off have some foot on it and are in a sheltered spot to attach. Is there anything I can/should do for the "foot" portion to help it heal better. Right now it is back in my tank in a mid flow zone to keep any chemicals from developing and I have some fresh carbon in the sump to help with that as well.

Most mushrooms, when they multiply on their own, they leave a piece of flesh (the foot) and a new will grow. I think if you give it some time to heal it will be ok. Just watch carefully in the following week to see if its healing or melting away. Another thing that will help is to do a water change to get rid of the slime/toxins the put out.

OK. Good to know. I was planning on an extra water change tomorrow as I had some die off from the great big mini cerith order from reef cleaners. So I'll make sure that gets done. I figured it would be OK but just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I could do for the little (big) guy.

Yea, the mushroom and frag parts i got from it seem to be doing fine. I lost my acan though and I'm pretty sure its due to the chemicals off of the shroom. Everything else is fine in the tank so far. Doing my third water change of the week so far tomorrow.