Where's the water coming from?

PeeperKeeper

I just came in to my office this morning to find an area about 2 1/2 feet wide around my tank where the carpet is wet. The amount of water in the tank is lower than it should be for the amount of evap that would happen over the weekend, but there was still enough in it for the pump to be running.

I can't figure out where the leak is and I don't have time to deal with this now because I have patients scheduled as well as computer upgrade happening today and a big anniversary party going on at the office this coming weekend to finish planning!

Is there someone on here who is a professional tank maintenance person who can come out and look at it? I left a message for John with Fishworks, but I'm afraid to wait since I don't know where the leak is.

This is NOT a good week for this to happen!

Thanks, Tim Hanson came by.

Didn't really find a leak, but now I think the float switch for the top off tank had gotten stuck, and I guess the power failed for the main pump, causing an overflow. Not sure how both bad things happened in one weekend, but that's what it looks like. My staffmember who filled the top off on Saturday said it looked like the water level was higher than usual in the main sump.