WTB: algae??

LiLS

so i jsut started my sump and i guess im lookin for algae to grow??

i bought a liverock that had a ton of it coverin it and now only half the rock is covered :unsure:

for your main tank, get a lawnmower blenny. They are fun to watch eat the algae (hint..vivid aquariums has them...)

I can give you some algae for your sump.

for your main tank, get a lawnmower blenny. They are fun to watch eat the algae (hint..vivid aquariums has them...)

I can give you some algae for your sump.

that was my next choice in fish along with a goby/shrimp combo...

is it alright if i get some tomrorow when i drop off the moeny?/

and all i do is jsut leave it in my sump correct?

then itll starrt growin in my main tnak?

that was my next choice in fish along with a goby/shrimp combo...

is it alright if i get some tomrorow when i drop off the moeny?/

and all i do is jsut leave it in my sump correct?

then itll starrt growin in my main tnak?

Make sure you have a light in your sump that will grow the algae. I can show you what to get tomorrow.

The algae I'll give you lives in your sump and grows there, eating the nutrients from your main tank. Usually algae in your main tank isn't a great thing.

Make sure you have a light in your sump that will grow the algae. I can show you what to get tomorrow.

The algae I'll give you lives in your sump and grows there, eating the nutrients from your main tank. Usually algae in your main tank isn't a great thing.

what kind of light do i use?

the same in my aquarium?

cause i got 2 housings jsut need to buy bulbs..

so it only lvies in the sump?

how do i feed like the fishes and yellow tangs and stuf cause i heard they love algae

There are different types of algae, usually what goes in your sump is cheato or some other type of macro algae. You don't really want that to venture into your main display. You can buy algae sheets at any lfs that is very nutritious for your tangs, and won't spread and be a pita later in the future.

LiLs,

the macro algae is uses the "bad" nutrients like nitrogen and phosphates to grow so it helps your tank by using those up before the dreaded green hair or bryopsis can. You'll use nori or seaweed from the lfs to feed your tangs.

LiLs,

the macro algae is uses the "bad" nutrients like nitrogen and phosphates to grow so it helps your tank by using those up before the dreaded green hair or bryopsis can. You'll use nori or seaweed from the lfs to feed your tangs.

thanks alot for the info! i found out that wats growin in my ta nk is green hair algae and my crabx/hermits are killin it all haha