In search of the RED PLANET

finfriend

• 2 weeks later...

Don, above are a couple photos of the Northern Lights. The first one is the frag I have available - it's the one in the foreground. It's mounted and encrusting a small peice of live rock. My coral photography skills suck so the second photo is one I borrowed from JohnG (where I got my Northern Lights from). The coral flouresces a bright green with blue tips under actinics. By the way, it has been the fastest growing of all my SPS frags. Do you have a photo of your Red Planet? Let me know if your interested.

Don, above are a couple photos of the Northern Lights. The first one is the frag I have available - it's the one in the foreground. It's mounted and encrusting a small peice of live rock. My coral photography skills suck so the second photo is one I borrowed from JohnG (where I got my Northern Lights from). The coral flouresces a bright green with blue tips under actinics. By the way, it has been the fastest growing of all my SPS frags. Do you have a photo of your Red Planet? Let me know if your interested.

wow...my northern lights look like hell compared to that colony. Are you vodka dosing or doing anything else special?

wow...my northern lights look like hell compared to that colony. Are you vodka dosing or doing anything else special?

No, tequila with a beer chaser! :blush: Actually the second pic is JohnG's colony for reference because my photo skills are poor. He's got some kind of magic with corals that I'm still trying to replicate. However, my NL has been a fast grower. I keep it high in the tank - I am running a ca reactor - no vodka. In the first photo my mother colony is in the background on the left.

i am not so good at pics myself

here seen in the middle

IMG_2414.jpg

another pic

263.jpg

Donman, that is a very nice frag. If you are interested, in addition to the NL I could include a frag of wammin watermellon zoas with 20-30 polyps or a rock with 2 frags of green staghorn or branching orange digi.