Coralvue Reeflux Bulb Problems

thedude

All,

These are the best bulbs I've used so far but Coralvue is having some consistency issues. The bulbs are supposed to be a crisp white with a blue tint when burned in but many people running more than one are reporting different colors between bulbs and most notably, a gross pink hue. David from Coralvue is replacing the bulbs that are defective. David's contact info is below:

His contact info as at coralvue.com.

http://www.coralvue.com/contact.html

Vue Technology LLC

Phone: (985)781-9078

Toll Free: (866) 277-9078

Fax: (985)781-9081

Just a little FYI for all those not entirely pleased by their bulb. Clint you might want to look at this if your bulbs are at all pink. It also seems to have occured after they switched to the new blue boxes with reeflux stamped all over them. When I received my bulb it was in a plain white box with almost no label showing what it was.

John

John,

The new bulbs are in the blue boxes. I just got in my 12K and they are very blue. Not sure if I like the look so I order some 10K today from Fredrick and guess what??? Neither will fire up, what are the chances of having two bulbs that don't fire?

i had the same trouble with my reeflux 10k Clint. i tried it on every ballast that i had. it finally did fire and has not failed to fire since. i think they require more initial charge to start, as it wasnt until i left them on a timer that they fired properly. XM and ushio will fire on my ballasts alot earlier than the reeflux. i like the bulb though.

Chances are pretty low that both bulbs are defective. I think like Robert said that the initial burn takes a higher charge than most of the other bulbs. Keep trying and let us know what happens.