what gives... neon green blue mili?

AndrewT

Ive noticed a trend that my sps are begining to turn a neon green color. I have a piece of blue and yellow mili that seem to have turned neon green what gives? My water seems to be in check. Lighting is 2x400watt halides. lol also i got a 20 minute lecture from a guy at petco about how my tank isnt up to par and and how i shouldnt be keeping my pokerstar monti in the sand. And how i shouldnt be keeping a tank with sps and lps...says the guy who trys to tell me about how good of a deal 55$ is for a 1" frag of gsp they had.

salinity 1.026

kh 9.5

calcium 420

ph 8.1

How old are your bulbs? I lost four corals, including a really nice pipe organ, earlier this year when my bulbs shifted on me. The first sign that something was wrong was my corals bleaching to a light neon green like you've described.

what spectrum are your bulbs?

i believe theyre 10k reflux bulbs. i got them from andrew about 2 months ago. when i got them he said they were practically brand new

AndrewT......are those the millis you got from me? If so, I've notice on my main tank most blues, purples and pink acros/milli show their true colors under 14K MH. When I had them on the frag tank (which I have 14K 150W double ended), they started to turn brown and lost some of the coloration. Anything that I bring into the main tank (which I have SPS 14K 400W mogul base) turns out beautifully colorful. I think is has to do with the lighting wattage,spectrum and age of the bulb as well.