refugium maintenance

AndrewT

I just set up my fuge the other day and im wondering what all I need to throw in there to maintain good filtration through out the tank. Its a 10g fuge and i currently have a 1" sand bed a bunch of cheato and a few pieces of of lr... should i add anything else in there or is that sufficient enough?

I just set up my fuge the other day and im wondering what all I need to throw in there to maintain good filtration through out the tank. Its a 10g fuge and i currently have a 1" sand bed a bunch of cheato and a few pieces of of lr... should i add anything else in there or is that sufficient enough?

What kind of filtration are you looking for? The LS and LR should provide some filtration.

What kind of filtration are you looking for? The LS and LR should provide some filtration.

nothing specific just wanting to try and keep my tank as clean as possible. Wondering if theres anything other than the sand, cheato, and rock i can add

That should do it. I put a couple of turbo snails in my refugium/sump just to handle the algae that will grown down there. They are surely cleaned up and if the bulldoze things among the rubble, no big deal.

Expect a pretty substantial algae bloom/growth down there. I had some significant growth until about 2 weeks ago.

I'd recommend not putting any clean up crew down there. It's suppose to be a place where pods can take refuge from predation. JMO

Do turbo snails eat pods?

Most of my pods hang out in the macro algae that floats at the top of the sump.